Greg McDonald’s authoritative Australian Coin and Banknotes Pocket Guide has been the number one book in numismatics for over two decades.
With nearly 500 pages of information, photos and updated prices, this year’s Pocket Guide is packed with essential information for seasoned collectors to those just starting a collection.
Sections covered in the 2015 edition comprise:
- Gold, Silver, Bronze, Proof and Uncirculated Australian Coins and Banknotes
- Early colonial coinage
- Australian gold sovereigns and half sovereigns
- Pre-decimal coins
- Decimal coins
- Commemorative and collectable issues
- Updated Stamp and Coin Cover listing
- New Releases from The Perth Mint and Royal Australian Mint
Superbly illustrated with full coloured numismatic images, it features an astonishing amount of historical data including metal composition, design variations, mintages and potential retail values. Add the glossary of terms, explanation of coin grading terms and a word of warning about cleaning coins, and this year’s Pocket Guide contains everything the coin and banknote connoisseur could want from one Australia’s most knowledgeable experts.