Whether you are new to coin collecting or a seasoned numismatist, Greg McDonald’s Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes will provide you with essential information to help you on your way. Greg McDonald is Australia's foremost numismatic authority and this is the 23rd edition of his Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes.
This edition is packed with coloured numismatic images, historical data including metal composition, design variations, mintages and potential retail values. In addition, there is also a glossary of terms, including an explanation of coin grading terms and tips on how to keep your collectables sparkling clean.
Other sections covered in the 23rd edition include:
- Gold, Silver, Bronze, Proof and Uncirculated Australian Coins and Banknotes
- Early colonial coinage
- Australian gold sovereigns and half sovereigns
- Pre-decimal coins
- Decimal coins
- Commemorative and collectable issues
- Updated Stamp and Coin Cover listing
- New Releases from The Perth Mint and Royal Australian Mint
- Proclamation Coins
- Superscribed pre decimal specimen notes