Privacy Collection Notice
This Collection Notice has been developed in accordance with applicable Privacy Legislation and intends to inform you of what Personal Information we will collect from you.
The Perth Mint is required to collect personal information about its customers to provide our products and/or services and to meet certain contractual, legal, or regulatory obligations related to our provision of these services.
The type of personal information we collect to provide our products and services includes the following:
- your full name
- date of birth
- telephone number
- email address
- residential address (plus billing and shipping addresses, if applicable)
- other information that you provide us to establish your identity, such as your driver’s licence, passport or national identity card.
We may also collect the following sensitive information:
- confirmation that you are a real person via a liveness check
- confirmation of your facial match conducted by comparing a photograph submitted by you with your photo identification
- a yes/no response as to whether you have any criminal convictions
- details of the alleged criminal convictions if a yes response is returned, such as the nature of the crime (i.e. narcotics, trafficking or environmental) and the sentence
- details of your political affiliations or political exposure.
We may collect Personal Information from you in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- by email
- over the telephone
- through written correspondence and paper forms
- in person (i.e. when you make purchases at The Perth Mint Shop)
- through our website (i.e. subscriptions to our newsletter, member login and registration, and online purchase), product and service offerings
The Perth Mint may disclose your Personal Information to third party identity verification providers Refinitiv and Trulioo for the purpose of verifying your identity. The Perth Mint may collect Personal Information relating to you from Refinitiv and Trulioo.
Refinitiv is based in the United Kingdom and your data is held in Ireland until the earliest of either 60 days after The Perth Mint terminates its agreement with Refinitiv, or a privacy deletion request is actioned on your behalf. Trulioo is based in Canada and your data is held in Australia for a period of 72 hours (post verification). Data is provided to, and received from, both providers by secured API.
If you do not consent to the collection of your Personal Information under this Collection Notice, The Perth Mint may be unable to provide you with its products or services.