Terms and Conditions
1. Conditions of use
- The use of the Websites is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Perth Mint makes no warranty, promise, representation or guarantee that use of the Websites will be:
- fit for particular purpose or be of a satisfactory quality;
- secure, reliable, and timely;
- correct, accurate, current, or complete; or
- uninterrupted, error-free, or without technical problems.
- You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Websites indicates your acceptance of these Terms. You acknowledge and agree that The Perth Mint may at any time vary these Terms by publishing amended Terms on this website. You agree that by doing this, The Perth Mint has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
- The Perth Mint is not responsible for any consequences resulting from the use, installation or execution of third-party applications and services which may be required to access the Websites.
- In addition to the paragraph below “Limitation of Liability”, your use of the Websites is entirely at your own risk and you acknowledge that The Perth Mint is not liable for any injury, damage, or loss you suffer as the result of accessing or using the Websites.
- The Perth Mint does not provide financial, legal, investment or taxation advice. You should consult your own professional advisors for guidance and recommendations on these issues and the relevance of the Websites to you.
2. Account information
- By your use of the Websites you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the checkout form for your account information; and
- maintain and promptly update that information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current and future use of the Websites.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and membership number and are fully responsible for all activities that occur on your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
3. Acceptable use
- Any conduct by you that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Websites is not be permitted. You may view, download, and print content published on the Websites for non-commercial personal use only. Otherwise, you may not publicly display, perform, transmit, list, modify, reproduce, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, make derivative works from, upload or otherwise use any of the Websites.
- You may not transmit, post, or distribute anything that is obscene, libellous, abusive, vulgar, threatening, discourteous or otherwise objectionable, violates any law or rights of any party, or upload a virus or other harmful material. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of rights or other harm resulting from such actions.
4. Intellectual property
- All intellectual property rights subsisting over the Websites including, but not limited to, the look, layout, graphics, appearance, and designs, are owned or licensed to The Perth Mint. The Perth Mint reserves all rights. Apart from any fair dealings permitted under the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968,no part of the Websites or its content may be copied, reproduced, licensed, published or otherwise exploited for any commercial purposes without the prior written permission of The Perth Mint.
- The Perth Mint manufactures Australian legal tender coins under license from the Australian Federal Treasury. All coin designs are submitted and approved by the Australian Federal Treasury in accordance with the Currency Act 1965.Any change to a coin design not approved by the Australian Federal Treasury is considered as ‘unauthorised defacement’ which is prohibited and is a crime under the Crimes (Currency) Act 1981. The prohibition applies to defacing, selling, and possessing of such products. Furthermore, the prohibition applies to acts and matters outside of Australia, and to all persons irrespective of their nationality or citizenship. Copyright and trademark protection also subsist in all The Perth Mint’s coin designs and any unauthorised use constitutes copyright and trademark infringement.
- The Perth Mint’s registered trademarks include: “The Perth Mint Australia®”, “Discover Australia”, “Oriana”, as well as their associated images and logos. Please note this is not an exhaustive list of The Perth Mint’s trademarks, and they do not include The Perth Mint’s common law trademarks. Any unauthorised use of The Perth Mint’s trademarks or use of marks that are likely similar to or in connection with The Perth Mint constitutes trademark infringement.
- Enquiries may be directed to:
5. Termination of use
- The Perth Mint may terminate, suspend, or prohibit your access to the Websites if your conduct is in breach of these Terms.
- The Perth Mint reserves its right to immediately deactivate or delete your account without notice and in its sole discretion.
- The Perth Mint is not be liable to you or any person under any circumstances for the termination, suspension, or denial of any access to the Websites.
6. Other websites
The Websites contain links to third parties for convenience and informational purposes. The Perth Mint is not responsible for the content or services provided by third parties, and their inclusion does not signify any endorsement of, or responsibility for, the content or services of the linked websites.
7. Materials and information submitted by you
- When you submit any materials or information to the Websites including: blogs, feedback, or suggestions, you specifically give The Perth Mint a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license to use the materials and information for the purposes of operating, promoting, and improving our products and services.
- This license survives any termination of these Terms. Furthermore, you warrant that you hold all necessary rights, license and consents to the materials or information. The Perth Mint reserves the rights to require you to delete or destroy any submitted materials or information at its sole discretion.
8. Limitation of liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, The Perth Mint is not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever arising out of or referable to material on the Websites or any material published by third parties, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
Liability of any member of The Perth Mint for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at The Perth Mint’s option, to:
- the supply of the goods or services again;
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
The Perth Mint has a formal complaints procedure and any complaints should be emailed to:
A reply will be sent notifying you of what action is being taken and when it will be resolved.
Last updated 4-11-21