Know Your Customer Privacy Collection Notice
This Collection Notice has been developed in accordance with applicable Privacy Legislation and intends to inform you of what Personal Information we will collect from you as part of our ongoing due diligence processes.
The Perth Mint is required to comply with regulatory obligations under Australian federal law, such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. A key part of our requirements under this act is that we have thorough Know Your Customer processes.
Our Know Your Customer processes require us to periodically collect Personal Information about our customers to confirm the accuracy of Personal Information we hold and to verify any additional Personal Information we require.
The type of Personal Information we will be collecting includes:
- your full name
- date of birth
- telephone number
- email address
- residential address
- other information that you provide us in to establish your identity, such as your driver’s licence, passport or national identity card.
We may also collect the following sensitive information:
- confirmation that you are a real person via a liveness check
- confirmation of your facial match conducted by comparing a photograph submitted by you with your photo identification
- a yes/no response as to whether you have any criminal convictions
- details of the alleged criminal convictions if a yes response is returned, such as the nature of the crime (i.e. narcotics, trafficking, or environmental) and the sentence
- details of your political affiliations or political exposure.
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- by email
- over the telephone
- through written correspondence and paper forms
- in person (we offer in person collection if this is your preferred method of supplying information) and,
- uploading to a secure ShareFile link.
The Perth Mint may disclose your personal information to third party identity verification providers Refinitiv and Trulioo for the purpose of verifying your identity. The Perth Mint may collect personal information relating to you from Refinitiv and Trulioo.
Refinitiv is based in the United Kingdom and your data is held in Ireland until the earliest of either 60 days after The Perth Mint terminates its agreement with Refinitiv, or a privacy deletion request is actioned on your behalf. Trulioo is based in Canada and your data is held in Australia for a period of 72 hours (post verification). Data is provided to, and received from, both providers by secured API.
If you do not consent to the collection of your Personal Information under this Collection Notice, The Perth Mint may be unable to provide you with its products or services and may place your account on hold temporarily until we are able to verify your details.