Your prices have been refreshed.
1920s Coin and Banknote Commemorative Folder
A keepsake of one of the most exciting periods of promise in Australian history, this presentation pack includes a 1927 Canberra Florin with the Riddle/Heathershaw 1 pound banknote.
- Fine to Very Fine quality
- Limited edition, genuine Riddle/Heathershaw 1 pound banknote
- Sterling silver 1927 Canberra florin
- Obverse features a crowned portrait of King George VS
- Informative presentation folder
Coin and banknote combination
These two notable issues of pre-decimal Australian currency paint an exciting picture of Australia during the post-war boom. It is understood that Australia's Baptism of fire triggered a new sense of national identity and unity as well as inspired a sense of optimism for the nation's future.
The 1927 Canberra Florin was Australia's first-ever commemorative. Issued for the opening of Parliament House on May 9, 1927, it features a superb reverse motif of the building's façade in its full glory.
The King George V Riddle/Heathershaw £1 banknote was also issued in the year Parliament was opened. Issued in small numbers, this note is genuine, scarce artifact of a very different Australia.
Informative presentation folder
The set is housed in an illustrated, informative hardback portfolio.
Fine - Very Fine
Login to buy:
- Bullion | collector coins | jewellery, loose diamonds and gifts.