A healthy workplace boosts a healthier mind
“A commitment to a physical and mentally healthy workplace is a key component of the Mint’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy, with the aim of creating an inclusive culture that supports our people’s overall wellbeing.” – Kristen Potter, Group Manager Organisational and Cultural Development
We ensure every one of our employees has access to a wide range of health incentives to positively create a sense of wellbeing.
From a variety of leave options to flexible working arrangements, we believe that our team are more productive and happier when a perfect work-life balance can be struck.
Gold Corporation also provides the Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement Program to encourage and support a well-rounded lifestyle for our employees. The program covers expenses for a variety of eligible wellness activities.
Each employee will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $100 per financial year and can cover the following items:
- Gym memberships, personal training, sporting memberships, fitness class passes and meditation training
- Fitness trackers and health apps
- Equipment such as sports sneakers, treadmills, bicycles, the servicing of a bicycle, yoga mats and weights
- Personal services such as nutritional, counselling, quitting smoking, and weight management programs (as approved by an appropriate medical professional), remedial massage, physiotherapy, chiropractic, and podiatry
- You'll also be eligible for a discount on private health insurance and general insurance.
The Perth Mint is focused on the wellbeing and health of our people, and we have put in place wellness programs that cover:
- Employee Assistance Services (EAP) which supports the mental health of The Perth Mint employees as well as their families. You and members of your immediate family can access independent and confidential counselling free of charge from professionally qualified counsellors should you need support about anything that may be impacting your work or personal life
- Health Checks
- Skin Checks
- Eye Testing
- Flu Vaccinations
- Exercise programs (yoga, meditation etc.)
- Sleep workshops
- Healthy eating workshops.
Added to this, we have mental health first aid officers on hand to support anyone at either of our sites who is experiencing mental health concerns.
And to meet new team members and get to know the local communities, we have a monthly social club that organises a wide range of activities to suit all tastes, hobbies and ages.
All in all, we think it’s great to work at The Perth Mint, especially with so many incentives to keep our employees happy, healthy and connected.
To learn more about job opportunities at The Perth Mint visit our careers page.
Perth Mint gives royal show of appreciation to volunteers
The Perth Mint has donated 250 customised gold-plated medallions to honour the remarkable volunteers of the Perth Royal Show.
The Autism Association of WA and The Perth Mint
What started as a simple request from the Autism Association of WA seeking opportunities for job placements in our refinery has now seen seven appointments across the whole business and will continue to grow. Read more here...