The Perth Mint refinery hosts a London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) accredited laboratory, with the highest standard of bullion analysis accuracy, reliability and integrity.
Our team of highly trained chemists and technicians pride themselves on delivering fast, flexible and responsive service while providing consistent, reliable and accurate results.
We use state-of-the-art equipment including high performance simultaneous Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) and spark optical emission (OES) spectrometers as well as wavelength dispersive x-ray fluorescent (XRF) spectrometers.
Our team offers the following services:
- Bullion assaying
- ICP base metal scans on doré (instrumental analysis)
- High purity precious metals
- Concentrates and slag analysis
- Onsite consultation to assist in technique development and troubleshooting solutions.
- UMPIRE or independent Mine Check Analysis for other refiners and international precious metals producers throughout the world.
Immersion dip sampling and assay
Watch the video below and learn about the metal testing carried out by our highly skilled technicians.
Advanced lab technology
Our large, modern lab facilities ensure we can maximise turnaround times for clients, Find out more in the video below.
Our fee schedule represents the standard charges for the analyses most frequently requested. However, we are not limited to this list, so please contact us as special rates may be negotiated for samples in large numbers or on regular consignment.
Fire assay of bullion
Platinum (Lemel and Doré)
Palladium (Lemel and Doré)
Platinum and Palladium (Lemel and Doré)