Questions about freight & collections
Can my holding be shipped to me?
Yes, we offer insured and uninsured delivery options. A completed Request for Freight Quote form is required to begin the process. (*for an uninsured quote please send the Unsecure Transport Waiver). Please refer to the Freight and Collection Guide below.
Can I arrange my own freight?
Yes, although we are unable to provide any advice or assistance in regard to your employment of a freight company, we will prepare your holding for collection. A completed Client Arranged Freight form is required to begin the process. Please refer to the Freight and Collection Guide below.
Can I come in person and pick up my holding?
Yes, however an appointment to do so is essential. Appointments can be arranged between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm(AWST) Monday to Friday.
A completed Request for Collection form is required to begin the process. Please refer to the Freight and Collection Guide below.
What would the cost be to me?
Freight costs are determined by destination , value and weight. As each shipment is unique, we will obtain a specific quote for your delivery, taking into consideration whether you have selected an insured or uninsured option. Consequently, we are unable to provide rough estimates for shipping. However quotes are free and without obligation. If you hold allocated metal, in addition to the freight charge, any outstanding storage amount against the metal to be shipped must be settled. If you hold Unallocated metal, the metal will need to be fabricated into bars. We offer a range of bars, each with a fabrication cost which must be paid prior to shipping.
If you hold allocated metal, any outstanding storage amount against the metal to be collected must be settled. If you hold Unallocated metal, the metal will need to be fabricated into bars. We offer a range of bars, each with a fabrication cost which must be paid prior to collection.
Note: 1000 oz bars require specific packaging due to their weight. Fumigated, wooden boxes will be provided at a cost of $30 per box.
Metal will only be delivered to your listed account address, unless:
- A Depot Collection has been arranged;
- The Secure Carrier requests a commercial address, in which case you must be present to sign and accept the delivery;
- You have an account with another Depository, in the same name as your Perth Mint account. Evidence of this account must be provided;
We are unable to organise Secure / Insured delivery to South and Central America, and Africa. Ability to deliver to other locations will be confirmed by the freight company.
If you are in our Certificate Program, your Certificates must be signed and returned before metal can be collected or dispatched. Please contact your Approved Dealer for more information.
Can I request a specific date and time?
We are unable to guarantee delivery on a specific date or time. Delays may occur due to bad weather, air craft problems and so on. Delivery times will vary from 3 days to 4 weeks and in some instances may be longer.
- Public holidays, stock takes and seasonal closures may affect collection and delivery times;
- Depository Services does not offer retail sales. Clients that collect metal within three months from the date of purchase will incur a three month storage charge;
- Please provide as much notice as possible for all collections and deliveries;
- Once you have accepted the freight quote, changes cannot be made and all costs will be due;
- We are unable to make third party deliveries. This means that the metal can only be shipped to, or collected by, you. If you are personally unable to accept delivery or collect metal please contact our office. Variations to the address we have on file may require further explanation.
- **In the case of Unallocated metal or Pool Allocated metal, clients wishing to take delivery must first request that their precious metal be converted to Allocated. Note that some products may be temporarily unavailable from time to time due to production lead time constraints.