Competition terms and conditions
The terms and conditions on this page are general in nature, and apply to all competitions run by The Perth Mint. Additional terms and conditions may also apply and will be listed in the box below if any are currently running.
The Perth Mint also publishes terms and conditions which apply to specific competitions, providing entrants with details such as the competition period, prize, entry methods and how competition winners will be notified. See below for latest competitions:
From time to time, Gold Corporation (ABN 98 838 298 431) of 310 Hay Street, East Perth, WA, 6004, a statutory authority of the Government of Western Australia established under the Gold Corporation Act 1987, trading as “The Perth Mint” (The Perth Mint, “us”, “our”) may conduct competitions to promote its products and services.
Competitions conducted by The Perth Mint shall be subject to:
- these Competition General Terms and Conditions (Terms); and
- if applicable, any additional terms and conditions published by The Perth Mint in relation to specific competitions.
In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and terms and conditions which are specific to a particular competition, the specific terms and conditions will prevail.
By submitting an entry into a competition conducted by The Perth Mint, entrants confirm that they have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms.
- The Perth Mint’s agents, related bodies corporate, employees, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter any competitions and/or giveaways conducted by The Perth Mint.
- The Perth Mint in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason, including entries which are not in accordance with any terms and conditions published by The Perth Mint, or if entrants are found to have engaged in any conduct in entering the competition and/or giveaway which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of The Perth Mint or the competition and/or giveaway which it is administering.
3. Prize claims
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Perth Mint makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability or merchantability of any prizes.
- The winning entrant must provide The Perth Mint with mailing information within five (5) working days of being notified of their successful entry by The Perth Mint, and must comply with The Perth Mint’s delivery requirements so that prize can be posted. Failure to comply with this clause will result in the prize being forfeited.
4. Lost or delayed prizes
To the extent permitted by law, The Perth Mint is not liable for any prizes or communications which are lost, delayed, or otherwise misdirected.
5. Important charges, taxes, duties
To the extent permitted by law, The Perth Mint is not liable to pay customs restrictions, import charges, or any other local charges that may be incurred for prize deliveries overseas.
7. Indemnity and release
- To the extent permitted by law, The Perth Mint is not liable for any loss or damage suffered or sustained by any prize winners whatsoever as a result of accepting any prize or participation in any competition and/or giveaway.
- Each entrant agrees to release and indemnify The Perth Mint from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense, arising out of the participation in any competition and the acceptance of any prize.
8. Dispute resolution
- In all matters, all decisions of The Perth Mint will be final and cannot be contested and no correspondence will be entered into or entertained.
- The Perth Mint reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any competition and/or giveaway for any reason.
9. Facebook or Instagram competitions
Competitions conducted on Facebook or Instagram are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Last updated 4-11-21