Terms and conditions for purchasing collector coins, gifts, diamonds and jewellery
These Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Collector Coins, Gifts, Diamonds and Jewellery (Terms) apply to purchases made online or on the telephone by customers (Customer, “you”, “your”) for collector coins, gifts, and jewellery and their related services from Gold Corporation (ABN 98 838 298 431) of 310 Hay Street, East Perth, WA, 6004, a statutory authority of the Government of Western Australia established under the Gold Corporation Act 1987, trading as “The Perth Mint” (The Perth Mint, “we”, “us”, “our”), as found on the perthmint.com (Website), but excluding the dol.perthmint.com.
- Under these Terms:
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD), inclusive of GST where applicable, and are correct at the time of printing. The Perth Mint reserves the right to amend prices without notice.
- All items are available at the time of publication, and unless otherwise notified, orders will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis while stocks last.
- Shipping charges will be applied where applicable. Orders will not be processed without payment. Payments not received within seven days will result in cancellation of the order without notice.
- Express courier services are used for shipping to residential or business addresses. If your delivery address is an unmanned delivery box (e.g. PO Box, Parcel Lockers, RMB), our Online Orders Customer Care team will dispatch your order via Australia Post as a registered parcel.
- Overseas purchases may attract additional fees and taxes. The Perth Mint will not be liable for these fees.
- In the event that bullion items are added to your order the Terms and Conditions for Purchase of Bullion will apply to the whole order.
- Subject to Australian Consumer Law, the proprietor of The Perth Mint and its servants or agents make no representations or warranties, express or implied, or offer or give any advice or opinion as to the numismatic or investment value or potential or otherwise of any of the products sold pursuant to these Terms.
2.1 Ordering collector coins, gifts, diamonds and jewellery
- Orders can only be placed by people legally able to enter into a contract.
- Any order placed by you via this Website is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or service for the price (including without limitation the shipping, insurance and other charges) specified in this Website at the time you place your order.
- We reserve the right to request appropriate identification documents (ID) for the sale of products under these Terms to Customers using any purchase method prior to the completion of the purchase.
- Your order is deemed to be accepted by us at the time we receive payment for your order as cleared funds into our nominated bank account or at the time we dispatch the goods you have ordered, whichever is earlier.
- The Perth Mint retains title to the products you have ordered until such time that the products are dispatched.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, but without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or the product description posted on this website, an error in your order or a failure in receiving your payment. We also reserve the right to impose limits on the quantity and value on certain orders.
2.2 Minimum order – customers of a European Union member country and the UK
All orders for collector coins, gifts, diamonds and jewellery from customers in a European Union country and the UK, or for shipping to these destinations, will be subject to a minimum order limit of AUD 300 (excluding shipping). The Perth Mint will not accept orders below this amount and will cancel any orders that fall below this threshold. More information is available here.
2.3 Order notification
- Upon receipt of your order, we will issue you with an email “Order Received” notification confirming receipt of your order, which will include:
- your order reference number;
- order date;
- the list of items ordered and their prices;
- the total of all product and shipping and insurance charges; and
- your selected Payment Method. This email is a notification that we have received your order, not a confirmation of acceptance of processing the order. Once the order is successfully processed you will receive an “Order Confirmation” email. This email. will include a Payment Request in the form of a PDF attachment, which will outline all of the information above including the delivery address and our bank account details for making payment. This will not include overseas customs duties, foreign taxes, additional clearance fees that may be imposed or bank fees which are solely for your account.
- You must advise us immediately if any details in the Order and Contract Confirmation form are incorrect.
2.4 Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
All orders placed for delivery within Australia will be subject to GST, if applicable.
2.5 Currency and conversions
Transactions via this Website are carried out in AUD and processed through an international banking system. International orders are charged in AUD at the exchange rate of the day. Your final bill will be determined by the exchange rate applied by your payment services provider at the time the charge is recorded, plus any fees applied by your payment services provider all of which are solely for your account. For an indication of how other currencies convert to Australian dollars or another currency, use our online currency converter. The converted prices are indicative only.
2.6 Payments via credit card
To secure your order, payments will be debited from your credit card within 24 hours of receipt of your order. A process called pre-authorisation will be conducted for every credit card transaction to provide increased protection against fraudulent activity. The $0 pre-authorisation is simply a validation of credit card and there is no associated charge.
2.7 Payments via PayPal, BPAY and bank transfer (except RTGS transmissions)
Payments not received within three working days will result in cancellation of the order - without notice and without any liability whatsoever by The Perth Mint to you. Any bank fees associated with payments are to be borne by the customer. Please note that we do not accept Real Time Gross Settlements (RTGS) transmissions for international orders.
2.8 Product availability
Unless stated otherwise, all products ordered via this Website are available at the time of ordering. The availability of products may change from time to time. Any item unavailable online may be available via back order. Queries about back orders should be directed to our Online Orders Customer Care team:
In the event a product you have ordered is not available to dispatch or subject to substantial delays, our Customer Care team will contact you either by email, telephone or letter, as permitted by the account information provided.
2.9. Product prices
Prices of products, services, shipping and other charges displayed on this website are current at the time of issue but may change at any time without notice and are subject to availability. Be aware, that due to varying market conditions in Australia and overseas, prices of products sold via this Website may vary by country.
3. Shipping and delivery information
This clause is subject to the COVID-19 Delivery Updates published on our website which can be viewed here.
Orders are dispatched from The Perth Mint during Western Australian business hours and expected delivery dates and times are estimates only and not binding. Under no circumstances will any orders be dispatched from The Perth Mint until full payment for your order has been received from you as cleared funds into The Perth Mint's nominated bank account.
Due to the valuable nature of The Perth Mint products, we require a signature from the person receiving your parcel at your nominated delivery address. Products will be deemed received by you if accepted by any person at your nominated address. Delivery details must include a daytime contact telephone number.
On the day of dispatch from The Perth Mint premises, an email will be sent to your nominated email address advising the shipping method, consignment number and tracking options.
There are some restrictions on deliveries to unmanned delivery points such as: PO Boxes, Australia Post Parcel Lockers, Locked Bags and Roadside Mailboxes (RMBs). Such deliveries can only be:
- Arranged for addresses within Australia,
- Delivered by Australia Post, and
- For orders under AUD 2,000.
If your order does not meet the criteria above contact our Online Orders Customer Care Team:
In the event there is no one to receive your parcel at your nominated address a courier delivery card with instructions will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item.
3.3 Non-delivery claims
Claims of non-delivery must be made within 14 days of dispatch.
The Perth Mint will not accept any claim for ‘lost’ or ‘missing’ parcels if the customer deviates from the standard shipping terms.
3.4 Insurance claims
Insurance applies until the order is delivered and signed for at your nominated address.
3.5 International deliveries
Shipping to certain international destinations shall be contingent on arrangements made between The Perth Mint and our preferred service provider for that region. We reserve the right to change our choice of carrier without notice. FedEx deliveries to Europe and the Middle East, with the proviso that a total order value of AUD 2,500 or more can only be delivered to a business address.
Failure to provide a business name and address at the time of order may result in a delay in your order being processed or being delivered to and held at a FedEx location for collection, which may not necessarily be convenient to you. If a business address cannot be provided contact our Online order Customer Care Team:
Home-based businesses in residential areas do not constitute a business address for this type of delivery. A signed acceptance of delivery at the customer’s nominated address will be deemed as completed delivery.
3.6 Shipping and delivery charges
The Perth Mint tries to offer the lowest possible shipping charges. Shipping charges are based on the delivery destination whether within Australia or international and are a flat rate fee. The relevant shipping charge will be displayed in your cart and during the checkout process.
Shipping to destinations within Australia are normally shipped via standard courier as selected by The Perth Mint. These deliveries incur a flat rate shipping charge of AUD 10.
Shipping to destinations outside of Australia are normally shipped by Fedex although there is limited service to some locations and exceptions can apply. These deliveries incur a flat rate shipping charge of AUD 35.
3.7 International import charges and taxes
Prices do not include overseas customs duties, foreign taxes or any other costs which may be associated with clearing goods through local customs. These fees are the sole responsibility of the Customer as is assisting local authorities with any information required for formal customs clearance in the county of destination.
We strongly recommend that you check with your local customs office for further information. Should you refuse to provide the required customs documentation prior to delivery or refuse delivery due to customs duties, taxes or fees and the parcel is returned to The Perth Mint, all costs associated with the return will be borne by the Customer.
3.8 Free shipping offer on numismatic products
The Perth Mint offers free shipping worldwide on any online order of numismatic products over AUD 300. This offer excludes bullion orders and orders containing bullion, and non-standard deliveries.
4. Product and services
4.1 Date on coins
The year-date on coins described on this Website does not necessarily indicate the year of release or the year they were minted.
4.2 The Perth Mint Guarantee: 30-day refund – online, telephone and mail orders (excluding bullion, Collector’s Edition loose diamonds and over-the-counter purchases)
The Perth Mint offers a refund within 30 days of the purchase date if you are not completely satisfied, have received the wrong goods or have received damaged goods. Subject to prior approval, products purchased, excluding bullion, Collector’s Edition loose diamonds, and over-the-counter, can be returned for a refund provided they are returned in the same condition as when received.
Approval must be arranged before any goods can be returned to The Perth Mint. The process and any costs associated with the return will be outlined at this point. Should you require a refund please contact us:
within the time frame specified above.
4.3 Drop shipping
The Perth Mint does not permit third parties to place retail orders on behalf of and for drop shipping to end consumers. Any orders suspected of this practice will be cancelled immediately and any funds paid will be refunded.
5. Limitation of liability
- The maximum liability of The Perth Mint to you at any time, provided only to the extent that The Perth Mint is at fault, is limited to the price you paid for the specific order.
- Under no circumstances will The Perth Mint be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of revenue or loss of profits, loss of reputation or loss of goodwill, or delay in delivery of the order, or any increased costs incurred by you arising from any provision of these Terms even if The Perth Mint has been advised of the possibility of such liability or foresaw or could have foreseen such liability, and notwithstanding whether such liability arises in contract, tort, equity or otherwise.
7. Force majeure
Under these Terms, Force Majeure means any act, event or cause that is beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to: an act of God, act of any Governmental Agency, accident of navigation, war (whether declared or not), sabotage, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, national emergency (whether in fact or law), martial law, fire, lightning, flood, earthquake, landslide, storm or other severe weather conditions, explosion, power shortage, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disturbance (whether or not involving employees of the party concerned), uncontrollable delays in transportation, inability to obtain any necessary equipment, facilities or qualified employees, epidemic, quarantine, radiation or radioactive contamination or the effect of any applicable law, orders, rules or regulations.
If we are unable, wholly or in part, to perform any of our obligations under these Terms as a result of Force Majeure, then:
- we will give you prompt notice of the Force Majeure and, insofar as known to us, the probable extent to which we will be unable to perform, or be delayed in performing our obligations;
- these obligations shall be suspended, but only so far and for so long as we are affected by the Force Majeure; and
- we shall resume performance of our obligations under these Terms as soon as we are no longer affected by the Force Majeure.
8. Severability and jurisdiction
- If any provision of these Terms becomes invalid by law, regulation or proceeding, all other provisions remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the transaction contemplated in these Terms and supersedes and extinguishes all prior oral agreements and understandings between you and us with respect to the transaction.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia and applicable laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and you and us submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State and courts which hear appeals in those courts.
9. Waivers and remedies cumulative
- No failure to exercise and no delay in exercising any right power or remedy under these Terms shall operate as a waiver, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, power or remedy preclude any other or further exercise of that or any other right, power or remedy.
- The rights, powers and remedies provided to us under these Terms are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights, powers or remedies provided by law.
Last updated 4-11-21