Terms and Conditions for selling your gold jewellery to The Perth Mint
Western Australian and interstate Customers can sell their gold jewellery to Gold Corporation (trading as The Perth Mint) “The Perth Mint”. The Perth Mint is willing to make offers to purchase gold jewellery from Customers if the jewellery item presented to it displays an identifiable hallmark of the metal purity (“Goods”). If a hallmark is not evident on the Goods or is illegible, The Perth Mint does not have to make an offer to purchase the Goods. The Perth Mint
will make offers either over-the-counter at The Perth Mint’s premises or by telephone, subject to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
Business Day(s) means any day other than a weekend day or public holiday in the State of Western Australia.
2. Types of transactions
- Western Australian residents - over-the-counter transactions: Customers can invite The Perth Mint to make an offer to purchase their Goods at The Perth Mint Bullion Trading Room at 310 Hay Street, East Perth, during the opening hours as published on The Perth Mint website. Western Australian residents must attend in person for identification purposes in accordance with the Pawnbrokers and Second-hand Dealers Regulations 1996 (WA).
- Interstate residents only - telephone transactions: Customers that reside outside of Western Australia can telephone The Perth Mint to make arrangements to send their Goods to The Perth Mint, upon receipt The Perth Mint will assess and verify the Customer’s Goods and consider making an offer to purchase the Customer’s Goods and let the Customer know by telephone. The Perth Mint is available for telephone transactions during its regular opening hours as published on The Perth Mint website.
3. Price of Goods
The price of the Goods is agreed between The Perth Mint and the Customer as
- Over-the-counter transactions: The Perth Mint will make an offer or not to Purchase the Customer’s Goods at the time the Customer brings the Goods to The Perth Mint’s Bullion Trading Room, if the Customer accepts the offer made to them by The Perth Mint this is the price “Price” and a contract entered into at that time between you and The Perth Mint “Contract”.
- Telephone transactions: The Customer must first send their Goods to The Perth Mint (as strictly set out in clause 9 below) for The Perth Mint to assess and verify the Goods and consider making an offer to purchase the Customer’s Goods. The Perth Mint will contact the Customer to let them know whether The Perth Mint is to make an offer or not. If The Perth Mint makes an offer and the Customer accepts the offer made to them by The Perth Mint this is the price “Price” and a contract entered into at the time of the call being between you and The Perth Mint “Contract”. The Perth Mint will only purchase Goods to the maximum value of $5,000 at any one time. The splitting of a larger shipment into multiple smaller shipments and transactions so as to circumvent the maximum value will not be permitted. Excess parcels received will be returned to the Customer at the Customer’s expense and will not be covered by insurance.
The Perth Mint will insure the Goods to the maximum value of AUD 5,000 within Australia only, excluding those residents of Western Australia who must attend The Perth Mint in person, in accordance with the Pawnbrokers and Second-hand Dealers Regulations 1996 (WA).
5. Non-gold components
Any non-gold items such as gemstones, other metals or materials that are not removed by the Customer prior and form part of the Goods are forfeited by the Customer to The Perth Mint upon providing the Goods to The Perth Mint and will not be returned to the Customer. The Customer agrees to waive all of their proprietary rights to any and all non-gold items comprising the Goods.
The price of the Goods is dependent on the type sold by the Customer and the prevailing Perth Mint gold spot bid price, less a stated amount as provided by The Perth Mint, at the time of Contract.
7. Customer identification
All Customers must provide to The Perth Mint identification (“ID”) in accordance with the relevant legislation for their type of transaction before The Perth Mint can proceed to finalise the purchase of the Customer’s Goods.
8. Contract completion and non-completion
- Over-the-Counter Transaction. If the Customer and The Perth Mint agree a price
during over-the-counter the Customer will be given a receipt for the Goods and the transaction completed at that time.
- Return of a signed Contract. If the Price is agreed by telephone, a Contract is
generated and sent to the Customer by email or other means. The Customer must sign and return the Contract within 60 minutes.
- Contract Completion The Customer acknowledges and agrees that precious metals are traded internationally on a daily basis such that the underlying value of the Goods the subject of the Contract with The Perth Mint may change relative to the Price agreed at the time of Contract and that the Customer assumes this risk.
9. Postage and insurance
The Perth Mint will cover the cost of the freight and insurance for the Goods as follows:
- The Customer will pay for delivery with Australia Post and place the receipt for postage in the parcel with the Goods.
- The Perth Mint will reimburse the postage charges to the Customer by adding a ‘postage reimbursement line’ to the Payment, with the funds deposited into a nominated bank account.
- The Perth Mint will insure the Goods to the maximum value of $5,000 (within Australia only, excluding residents of Western Australia). In order for the Goods to have cover by The Perth Mint’s insurance policy, the Customer agrees that they:
- MUST NOT address the parcel to The Perth Mint, but to:
Administration assistant310 Hay Street East Perth WA 6004 Australia
- Will post the parcel using Australia Post’s Express Service with signature on delivery or Australia Post’s Platinum Service.
- Will advise The Perth Mint of the following details within 24 hours of dispatch:
- the parcel’s tracking number and lodgement receipt number,
- approximate weight,
- the carat/purity of the Goods, by telephone or email at:
The Perth Mint Shop
- MUST NOT address the parcel to The Perth Mint, but to:
Subject to Customer compliance with clause 7 and provision of all necessary documentation, The Perth Mint will make payment of the Price (and any other amounts due) to the Customer’s bank account/BSB as provided by the Customer to The Perth Mint at the time of Contract, by midnight the following working day, unless the Price exceeds AUD 5000, in which case the payment is made five business days after receipt and verification of the Goods.
The Perth Mint will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays in payment or the provision of incorrect bank account details.
However, The Perth Mint and Customer agree that:
- The Perth Mint will not pay cash to Customers for Goods, nor make payments to third parties.
- Will only make payment direct to the Customer or legal entity whose name
appears on the Contract.
- The Perth Mint will impose a surcharge of AUD 20 per payment if the Customer requests payment to a bank account outside Australia.
- Any applicable fees, local taxes, and service charges associated with the Customer’s bank account for the transactions are borne by the Customer.
- All telephone transactions require the Customer to post a completed Perth Mint Transaction Form, with all bank details, including: bank name, bank branch, BSB, account name and account number.
11. Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
The Perth Mint will only trade with the Customer on the basis of the purchase being of a private or domestic nature and thereby exempt from charging The Perth Mint GST.